Membership of the United Kingdom Security Shredding Association (UKSSA) will provide your company with a host of benefits.
We are passionate about providing customer service to the highest independently audited professional standards within the information destruction industry.
We strive to continually improve and communicate to stakeholders our standards and environmental values in order to protect sensitive information and provide industry excellence
Services UKSSA members provide
Our members will come to your facility and provide an on-site shredding service.
Our members will collect you material for destruction at their secure facility, and provide a certificate of destruction.
Regular Service Collections
We can offer tailored solutions to suit your requirements on a scheduled basis.
We recommend having a regular “spring clean” to keep your data secure under GDPR. We can provide an on or off-site service for this.
Data and Media Destruction
Our members can provide on or off-site services for the destruction of your hard drives, discs, tapes etc.
We can provide on or off site services for the destruction of any product such as contraband, uniforms and surplus materials.
What defines UKSSA is our high standards – to become a UKSSA member you have to operate to industry-leading standards and you must undergo an independent security audit before you can join and then be re-audited every two years. By doing so, your customers can rest assured that their data is 100% safe and regulated. UKSSA isn’t just a badge you pay to wear, it’s about demonstrating that your business is 100% compliant and that you are regularly audited to check that your customer’s data is always safe and meets the all the latest regulatory requirements.
The UKSSA code of practice defines the aims and objectives of the United Kingdom Security Shredding Association and the market-leading standards of service with which members should comply. It provides members with clear guidelines for their operations and provides members’ customers with the assurance required to select security-shredding services with absolute confidence.
- All members must comply with with the market-leading secure destruction standards UKSSA requires for membership. This means all customers can rest assured their materials are in safe hands.
- All UKSSA members must pass an independent audit to demonstrate they comply with our code of practice. Each member is re-audited every two years
- All UKSSA members must deliver services that allow their customers to meet the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
- All UKSSA members must comply with BSEN 15713 (secure destruction of confidential material)
- All UKSSA members must comply with BSEN 8753:2019 (secure screening of individuals working in security destruction)